Saturday, June 28, 2014

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Heart wrenching.  I stopped counting how many times my eyes filled with tears as I read Jojo Moyes' Me Before You.

Me Before You
 
(My tears only actually fell a few times though, thanks to my children's uncanny ability to sense when I am coming to a critical point in whatever I am reading.)

I chose to read Me Before You after having read what seems like a million reviews and I was well prepared for an emotional journey.  Yet, I would be suprised as to the depth of emotion I would feel and the questions the book would raise.

In shorty summary, the novel details a desperate and gut wrenching attempt to prove to a paralized man that life is still worth living.  Moyes very deftly naviages moral dilemma and consequences while keeping the book both fun and suprising.

By the time I finished Me Before You (which at two pages left, my girls jumped on me--seriously, how do they know??), I loved every character--even the flawed, had smiled, laughed out loud, cried, and had done some serious thinking.  I really could not have asked for more from a book.  Loved it.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment