Thursday, June 5, 2014

Smile

I know I am in the absolute minority here, but I am going to put it out there--I LOVE the color purple.

Now to clarify, not the Barney purple, but the Pantone Color of the year purple, Wild Orchid.

The scrapbooking industry is definitely influenced by trends and this lovely shade of lavender popped up in several collections this spring.  Studio Calico, in my opinion, totally rocked the Pantone Color of the Year in it's LemonLush line, which I used along with some Dear Lizzy to make a background for my photo.

 
I kept the colors soft by using a light woodgrain paper and layering vellum.
 
 
The embellishments are very minimal here.  I felt with so much boldness going on with the lavender, orange, and gold that I just did not want to overwhelm the photo, which is what I want to be the focus of the page. 
 
If there are any more layouts out there rocking the purple link me up in the comments, I would love to see how you used it!
 
Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment