Monday, July 28, 2014

Glitz Design: Sparkle & Shine

One of my favorite and most used scrapbooking supply today is stickers, which actually suprises me a bit since I had a sticker "phobia" when I first started scrapping.  Now though, I am always reaching for them, especially when a layout calls for some layering. 

One of the great things about Glitz, is that the products work very well together and I can create a unique look to my projects.  For Hello Summer, I grabbed the sticker sheets from "Brightside," "77," and "Felicity," along with the silver glitter washi tape and set out to create some dimension around my two photos with these embellishments.

July25-MichelleWedertz-1

I started out first with the silver glitter washi tape and lined up two pieces on a scrap paper before punching small hearts from it. 

July25-MichelleWedertz-2

When it comes to layering stickers and other embellishments I don't follow a specific technique, I just play around with them, tucking pieces here and there.  The only sort of rules that I follow is to make sure I have a variety in color, shape, and texture and to always include something in a neutral color.

July25-MichelleWedertz-3

Stickers can be a little bit tricky when it comes to moving them around and not having them stick to each other before.  To combat this, I will often stick them on my clothes first and pull them off a few times to get rid of some of the adhesive or I will add pop dots.  I can always apply glue or sew them down later. 

July25-MichelleWedertz-4

Wishing you a great Friday!

  "Hello Summer" Supplies:
Glitz Design "77" 6x6 Paper Pack
Glitz Design "Brightside" Paper: Floral
Glitz Design "77" Titles & Accents Sticker Sheet
Glitz Design "77" Alphabets & Words Sticker Sheet
Glitz Design "Felicity" Alphas & Accents Sticker Sheet
Glitz Design Washi Tape: Silver Glitter
Other:  cardstock, enamel dots, white thread, ink, spray mist, tag, thread

No comments:

Post a Comment