Monday, August 11, 2014

Remember

I recently participated in a Sunday Sketch Challenge at Studio Calico and I wanted to share my project with you.

The layout sketch was based off of this 12 x 12 layout by Elizabeth Kartchner.  What drew me to the sketch was the possiblity of using multiple patterned papers and colors.  I generally scrap with three colors and a neutral and I saw this as an opportunity to do more of a "rainbow" color theme.

Remember
 
One of the reasons I have a hard time attempting a multi-colored layout is that I often feel that too much variety can clash with the pictures.  Now, I know this is just a little quirk of mine and I should just let it go, BUT this picture, in its full, colorful glory, did not go with the colors I wanted to use AT ALL.  Thanks to my son's undying love of his royal blue sweatshirt, I am often confronted with this problem.  Since I was set on the products I wanted to use, I did a quick and simple edit to my photo by converting it to black and white in my PicTapGo app on my phone.  Problem solved.

I changed up the sketch a bit to better fit my layout size (8.5 x 11) and the vertical photo and loved the results.  It's a simple, uncomplicated layout--a style I am finding myself gravitating towards lately. 

Remember 2
 
Remember 3
 
Wishing you a great day!
 
Michelle
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment