Thursday, August 7, 2014

SC July LOAW Challenges

This past month I hosted the July LOAW Challenges over at Studio Calico and wanted to share my takes on two of the challenges.

The first challenge that I issued to SC Members, was to go "Big" with one element in your project. For my take, I upsized a diecut...

 
One of my reasonings in choosing to enlarge this particular diecut was that I thought it would make cleaning up my mat a little bit easier.  It did!  As much as I love this particular type of cut, cleaning up the million tiny pieces off of my mat is a bit of a chore.  I always have to tell myself to "go to my happy place" while I am doing it! Much easier to clean up big pieces.....
 
 
 
The last challenge for the month of July was simple-scraplift an SC Creative Team Member.  I thought this challenge was appropriate for the busy summer months.  I know that sometimes I want to make something, but make it fast and this challenge was for one of those moments. 
 
I chose to lift this layout from Kim Stewart.  I am absolutely obsessed with her gallery lately and she seems to share the same love for the floral diecuts :).
 
 
I failed to remember how much I disliked the whole cleaning of the mat thing before I cut these flowers and stems out.....LOL.  I will blame it on late night madness :).
 
 
Wishing you a great day!
 
Michelle
 



No comments:

Post a Comment