Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hip Kit Club-With You

 Hi! Today I am sharing both a new layout and I look at my approach to title pages. First, my daughter turned five last month and With You is a celebration of this milestone:

With You
 
You can see that I had a little fun with this layout, pulling out a mix of products from March's Kits from the Hip Kit Club. Here are a few closeups of the details:
 
With You 2
 
With You 3
 
Prior to last year, this layout would have served as a "title" page to my daughter's yearly album. In 2014 though, I changed my routine up and began including a mix of both traditonal layouts and Project Life style pages in all of my albums that way I could play with all the fun PL products while still doing the traditional layouts that I love. Now, instead of a traditional style page serving as an introduction to a new album, I have been creating a PL style page. Here is how I did that for my daughter's album using the March PL Kit:
 
Five
 
As you can see, the 6x8 page lies right on top of my traditional layout and both compliments the layout behind it as well as gives you peak as to what you will find when you turn the page.
 
Five 3
 
When putting together a combination of layout types, I like to keep them somewhat coordinated. Along with using complimenting colors, I chose this 4x6 card because of the cameras-a motif I wanted to repeat throughout each pages.
 
Five 2
 
Do you use Project Life style products? Are you using them strictly for Project Life or are you using it for both traditional and pocket pages like me? Would love for you to leave me a comment and share your take on PL products!
 
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment