Friday, March 27, 2015

Play

I was talking to a friend the other night about how many pictures we put on a page and my answer was: usually one. When looking at online galleries, single photo layouts are fairly common, especially with the current emphasis on "white space" and the heavy embellishing trend.  But honestly, the layouts that truly stand out to me are those that feature two or more photos. I expecially love it when I find a layout that features a whole giant grid of photos.

So this got me thinking: why do I stick to a single photo? The answer is, it's comfortable. I've been working exclusively with an 8.5x11 or 9x12 format for the last year and a half and as I work on a layout, I almost always feel like there just isn't enough room for more than one photo. That's an excuse though, there is plenty of room and I want to challenge myself to use more photos in layouts like I did here:

Play
 
Two pictures, two different sizes. Yes, I went a little crazy.
 
Play 2
 
(Am I the only scrapper who doesn't use a chipboard frame to actually frame a picture??)
 
Play 3
 
I was quite excited about this layout and I am definitely going to start pushing my boundaries and work with multiple photos more often. I am not going to force it, but I am going to start exploring my options next time I create a layout.
 
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I really prefer more than one photo too, but like you said, it's more difficult to figure out how to fit two or more. I really love this layout! It looks great with the two photos in different sizes. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do more then 1 photo, too, usually. I love what you did with the frame, it stands out, shows off the pretty photo, and looks awesome. Great layout. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete