Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hip Kit Club: Buddies

For my son's fourteenth year, I decided to switch his album up and go with a 6x8 Handbook. The last few years I had been struggling a little bit with having enough photos of him to fill a bigger album. I am always camera ready, however due to his relunctance to let me take photos and the fact that he is rarely home, my camera roll has been a little light on photos of my favorite guy. The smaller sized album seemed like an easy solution and now that I am halfway through the year I am confident I made the right decision. Today I want to share how I created a two page spread using a combination of the Hip Kit Club June Kits for his Handbook.

  Buddies 

I use a combination of pocket style and traditional layouts for documenting his teenage adventures and when I am doing this I like both pages, even if I am telling two different stories as I am here, to be cohesive in color and products. This means that I will often pull out a kit and work on two pages at a time. For these layouts I used pieces from the June Main, Embellishment, and PL Kits.  Here is a look at each individual page:

  Buddies 2

Buddies 3 

One of my favorite parts about working with pocket pages, is that I get to customize the 3x4 cards with embellishments. Below you can see that on the left card, I simply  layered two of the Poolside diet cuts from the Main Kit and added some machine stitching. On the right, after cutting down a 4x6 card from the PL Kit, I adhered a wood veneer that I had sprayed with gold mist.

  Buddies 6

Thanks for stopping by today and letting me share a few thoughts on how I went about changing up my memory keeping to better work for me and my camera shy teenager.

Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment