Sunday, November 15, 2015

Gossamer Blue: November Blog Hop

GB Blog Hop Banner

Welcome to my stop on the November Gosssamer Blue Inspirational Blog Hop!

I know that the "kit world" moves pretty fast and when most of you are receiving your kits the design team is receiving the next month's kit which means sneaks of the new kits start happening.

At Gossamer Blue we know that can be pretty overwhelming, so we've come up with a solution-each month on the 15th we are going to inspire you just as you are receiving your kits!

This month the November Kits were amazing and I truly had so much fun creating with them. Today I want to share a brand new layout made with a mix of the November Kits:

Hello Story


This layout, which is a mix of both the Scrapbook Kit and Life Pages Kit, is really a result of my love affair with my square punch! I started by wanting to use up lots of patterned paper and punched enough squares to fill the page. After pushing them around for awhile I felt this configuration worked the best.

Hello Story 2

The "Hello" card from the Life Pages Kit was the perfect place for the title and the mix of the gold foil script with the colorful Thickers made for a fun combination. With all the patterned paper going on, I opted for simple embellishments like the puffy heart and wood veneer flowers.

Hello Story 3


My daughter's album, which this will go into, is a mix of both traditional and pocket pages (all 9x12) and after completing this layout I went right ahead and filled the adjacent pocket pages using the November Kits.

Best Part

This spread was really simple and straight forward due to it being pretty photo heavy. As a result I went light with my embellishing, but made sure to include some stitching to dress it up.

Best Part 2

Embellishing this journaling card was as complicated as it got-I simply stamped a sentiment from the Amy Tangerine Roller Stamp, placed a sticker, and glued down a wood veneer. 

Now as much as I hope I have inspired you to drop everything and get those November Kits out, I want to encourage you to continue working your way through the hop because there is an amazing amount of talent in today's line up and I wouldn't want you to miss a thing! Here are the links:

Amy Challis
Andrea Gray
Diane Payne
Emily Spahn
Eunyoung Lee
France Wisniewski
Jill Keller
Kasia Przybyt
Kellie Winnell
Kelly Xenos
Michelle Wedertz <---You are here!
Olatz Garaiyurrebaso
Sandra Dietrich 
Stephanie Buice

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. These are both beautiful! I love how you added your photos to the pocket page. Especially with the typewriter journaling. Such a cute idea. i will have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete