Monday, April 4, 2016

Citrus Twist Kits: April

March for me was a whirl wind of travel and activities and as the end of the month wore down, I was super happy to slow down and play with my new kit from Citrus Twist Kits!

This month, I worked with the April "Citron" Add-On Kit and I had a blast :). My projects came together so easily thanks to the fresh and inspiring colors. Here's a look at the kit:

20160325_CTK-April_Addon.jpg

Awesome, isn't it? Now as much as the bright blue had me excited, it was the yellow and green that really hit the spot and you'll notice the lemon patterned paper shows up in each layout along with the die cuts from We R Memory Keepers.



Now, I am not entirely too sure if lemons go with cacti, but I went with it! The lemon paper is layered underneath the photo, so that just the colors show through.


This next project is a 6x8 layout and when I set out to put it together, I really wanted to feature the green and yellow. The blue sparkely letters added a bright shot of contrast. I also suprised myself with the combination of Thickers AND a stamp (included in the kit) to make the title. 



Finally, I challenged myself to stick strictly to two colors only (plus a neutral) as I put this layout together. Really loved the result!



Now as much as the kit really speaks of spring and sunshine, I didn't scrap a single spring photo! What?! The photos are from Christmas, a February snow day, and a trip to the Feline Conversation Compound near my home--not the typical photos you would think of when you see the kit. I think this really speaks to the versatility of a kit and how you can make a kit work for what you have and for someone (me!) who likes to scrap chronologically this is GREAT. 

For more inspiration, please head on over to the CTK Gallery where the design team has been busy uploading there projects! 

Wishing you a great day!

Michelle









1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layouts. I love your work and so happy to catch your post. Your handwriting is super beautiful, too. So great. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete