Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Gossamer Blue: Here + Now

Hello! Today I want to share a new layout featuring the beautiful May Kits from Gossamer Blue. Before I can go any further though, I must admit that when it comes to my creative process, I am very happy working inside my comfort zone. I know what I like and I like what I do, so why try something new, right?? Every once in a while though, I actually get the wild idea to go a little outside my box and create something that isn't quite so typical of my usual projects and today's layout is a such an example.




Circles. I am a little obsessed with this fabulous shape and it makes regular appearances throughout my scrapping. However, despite my love for all things round, I have NEVER once cut a photo into a circle. Now, this certainly isn't a ground breaking technique, but it definitely requires a little more thinking than just printing the photo as a square or rectangle.

When it came to cutting my photo into a circle, I went with my manual diecutter. My first thought was to use an app to make my photo into a circle and then cut it out with scissors after printing. However simple and quick this method is, I don't have the greatest scissor skills. Using a metal die would guarantee a perfectly round circle, so this was the method I went with.



To continue the circle theme of my layout, I cut two similarily sized circles out of patterned paper from the Bit's and Pieces Add On Kit and used them to create a visual triangle. Using the triangle as a guide is a simple, surefire way to get good placement. With the bigger elements in place I went to work on the embellishing.




Cutting my photo into a shape was a pretty simple technique, but I sure felt bold doing it! While it's certainly okay to hang out in your comfort zone, I really believe we need to push our limits a little from time to time. Anytime I try something new, I never have regrets for doing it even if things don't turn out as planned. 

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope I have inspired you to try something new!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment