Friday, June 10, 2016

Elle's Studio: June

June 10th means it is time for a new kit and and co-ordinating goodies from Elle's Studio! This month when I opened up my box, I was in scrappy heaven. Not only are the colors and products for June amazing and colorful, I also had the bright and happy Sunny Days collection in my possession! Yes!


Yep, the Sunny Days collection is now available to purchase right along side the June Kit which looks like this:


And don't forget all the co-ordinating goodies:




Pretty great, right??  I think so! The fun and bright cards from the kit were where I drew most of my inspiration from and with thoughts of summertime in my head, I reached back to a year ago and documented a quick day trip to Santa Monica with my family:


This PL style page was created with mostly the kit plus a few pieces from the Sunny Day's collection--the two really go well together. (And just an FYI, I had visions of creating Fourth of July pages with the June Kit and acrylic stars, but I did not have any past photos to do this.)


My style for this type of memory keeping is pretty simple and you can see that also in my next project:


What I really love about the journaling cards in the kit, is that there is a good balance of cards that require no extra embellishment and cards that give you room to embellish. One of the reasons for my failed attempt at a full on Project Life album, was that I simply did not know how to create beautiful cards with lots of details for EVERY pocket. Having fun cards that are ready to slip right into a pocket really takes the pressure off! Instead of stressing over every single journaling card, I can have fun jazzing up one or two.



Well, what do you think?? Are you digging the fun colors like I am?? I don't know about you, but these colors pretty much represent my summers--a big, happy mess of red, blue, yellow, and green :).

Remember, a new gallery is also live at Elle's Studio and I encourage you to head on over and take a look!

Michelle






1 comment:

  1. Loved your fun PL layouts. Really cool journal cards, and love the bits and pieces, too. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete