Thursday, June 16, 2016

Gossamer Blue: Swim Style

One of my favorite pieces of paper in the June Main Kit from Gossamer Blue, is the hearts and graph paper combo from Pink Fresh Studios. I really like the rainbow colors on the bright white background along with how the graph paper creates a natural spot for photos and embellishments. When I cut this paper down to 9x12, I decided I didn't want to go for my usual paper layering. Instead, I wanted to fill the blank space with the cute frames and square stickers from Simple Stories using a grid design.



As I was working on the grid using my photos and frames, I did not like the weight of the classic 2x2 grid and how it was "overfilling" my page. My solution was to modify my grid and only include 3 squares. After making this change, I felt much better about my layout and it reminded me that it's okay to let go of ideas that just aren't working for you.




Thanks for stopping by today!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment