Monday, October 17, 2016

Right Now

Hello! Today I am sharing a layout that I created with the October "Waverly" Scrapbook Kit from Citrus Twist Kits that documents a knee injury from when I tripped on a baby gate. Yes, I trip on things pretty routinely, but this was the first time I really hurt myself. My husband warned me pretty frequently not to step over the gate, but I obviously did not listen! Ha ha.


This fall actually hurt really bad. I tripped on the gate that goes into the garage from the backyard and the garage floor is cement.  I have fallen once before (slipped on the kitchen counter) and thought I was going to die, but I was able to get up after a few moments and move on with my day. And in full disclosure, I often trip, fall, and run into things-according to my husband I am a walking danger to all those I am around and I can't entirely deny that! This one though, was different. Instead of getting up and walking it off, the tightness/pain just got worse and when I woke up the next morning I couldn't bend my knee or walk. Pretty pathetic. 


Luckily after all was said and done, I only had a badly bruised bone and fluid in my knee. It all healed with time and patience and I am so incredibly thankful that I didn't tear anything. I think the worse wound though was the fact that I did this to myself. It was totally preventable. Do not step over baby gates, they are dangerous ;).

Wishing you a great day!

Michelle a.k.a. "The Klutzy One"


No comments:

Post a Comment